In Chicago on July 24-25, Google will be hosting their next Google Teacher Academy. This is a free opportunity for professional development for educators and it happens all over the globe, therefore providing an opportunity for more professional networking. If your school or district is planning on utilizing Google Apps in Education then attending this conference would be a major plus. Applications to attend must be submitted by June 10th. Visit their application page to apply and visit Google Teacher Academy homepage to learn more.
Educators who attend a Google Teacher Academy become Google Certified Teachers (GCTs). GCTs are:
- Outstanding educators with a passion for using innovative technologies and approaches to improve teaching and learning.
- Creative leaders who understand opportunities and challenges, and have a desire to help empower others in their local community and beyond.
- Ambassadors for change who model high expectations, life-long learning, collaboration, equity, and innovation.
- Develop a "Personal Action Plan" outlining a project they will complete
- Lead at least three local professional development activities over the course of 12 months.
- Successfully deploy one school on to Google Apps for Education.
- Actively participate in the GCT online community.
- Share the impact of their work with other Google Certified Teachers through mid-year and end-of-year reflection.
- Access to the GCT Online Community.
- Opportunities to give feedback to Google on educational uses of tools.
- Invitations to join Google at special events.
- The right to post the GCT web badge on their website or blog.